Saturday, July 17, 2010

It's Been A While

Sometimes life and racing just get in the way of a good story.

Changes:  Got rid of the folio as too small and got a cheap $1.49 binder.  Easier to flip through my DRF printout.

Zenyatta:  She's given me yet another heart attack with win #17 in the Vanity at Hollywood Park.  I thought St. Trinians was going to out run her.  They really need to step that mare's game up for the Clement Hirsch.

Clement Hirsch:  I wonder if Zenyatta is even going to try for #18 there.  Should I call the paramedics to meet me just before post time?

Lessons Learned:  Just because it's the Derby/Preakness/Belmont do not lose your mind.  You will deplete your stash fast.  Those races may have great horses but they are crap shoots.  The Derby is the worst of the bunch.  You might as well use a dart board and darts to pick horses.  With 20 horses in the mix anything can happen.  The traffic jam is amazing.  The winner of the Derby is not necessarily the best horse, just the luckiest, and that makes the Preakness and Belmont an equal crap shoot.

Next Time: Doing Homework - Develop Your Own Handicapping Style

No comments:

Post a Comment